Library & Research
The Wesley Biblical Seminary library is home to a growing collection of over 50,000 volumes. In addition to current holdings, facilities and contacts are available through the Internet, interlibrary loan, and local area libraries. A mutual interchange with the nearby Reformed Theological Seminary library of over 90,000 volumes provides faculty and students with additional resources.
Writing Helps & Grammar
- Blue Book of Grammar & Punctuation -- Easy to Use Reference Guide, With Links to Other Grammar Sites
- Common Errors in English -- Do I Write, Anytime or, Any Time? Common English Word Usage Problems Are Explained Here, With an Easy-to-use Linked Index
- Grammar Slammer -- Quick, Easy to Use Format; Capitalization, Punctuation, Style...
- Guide to Grammar and Style -- Alphabetical Listing of Topics, Usage & Style.
- HyperGrammar -- Easy to Navigate, With a Neat Linked Index of Grammatical Terms
- Online English Grammar -- Ask a Question, Practice Pages, Grammar Clinic
- Purdue University Writing Lab Handouts -- Online Resources, Handouts on Writing Skills, Help With Research Papers.
- Writers Handbook/ University of Wisconsin-Madison Writing Center -- Covers APA, MLA, and Chicago Style, With Handouts, Checklists & Practical Grammatical Advice.
- Guide to Proper Citations: Business Training Schools.com - General Info and multiple formats
APA Style Guides
- APA Style Resources -- A Collection of Links for APA Style
- Sources / Dartmouth College -- 4th ed.; Print & Electronic Formats; Well-organized
- Basic CGOS Style / Columbia University Press -- 1998 ed.
- Citation Machine for APA -- Fill in a Web Form and This Program Assembles Your Citation.
- Electronic References / APA Style.org -- Recommended by the American Psychological Association; Based on the 5th edition
Chicago Manual Style Guides
- Chicago/Turabian Documentation / University of Wisconsin-Madison Writing Center
- Chicago Style / by Dr. Abel Scribe, PhD
- Citing Sources Using the Chicago/Turabian Style : Notes System / University of Maryland Libraries
- Examples of Chicago-Style Documentation / University of Chicago
- MSOE Documentation and Style Guides / Milwaukee School of Engineering
MLA Style Guides
- Citation Machine for MLA -- Fill in a Web Form and This Program Assembles Your Citation.
- MLA Modern Language Association -- The Official MLA Website, Citing Print & Electronic Resources
Turabian Style Guides
- Turabian Citation and Format Style Guide / Bertrand Library Bucknell University
- Turabian Citation Guide / Ohio State University
- Turabian Style - Sample Footnotes & Bibliographic Entries (6th ed.) / Clement C. Maxwell
- Library, Bridgewater State College -- Side-by-Side Examples of Footnotes & Bibliographic Entries
- Turabian Style Guide / University of Southern Mississippi Libraries
- A Brief Citation Guide for Internet Sources in History and the Humanities by Melvin E. Page
- Citing Electronic Information in History Papers by Maurice Crouse
- How to Cite Electronic Sources / Library of Congress
- Ad Hoc (Church history resources)
- All-in-One Biblical Resources Search
- Ancient Maps of Jerusalem
- Ancient Near East Map Series
- American Religion Data Archive
- Barna Research Online
- Bible Gateway
- Biblical Archaeology Review (For ID and password, contact the library desk.)
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- Christian Classic Ethereal Library
- Creeds of Christendom
- Digital Gutenberg Bible Online
- Digital Resources for the Study of Rel.
- Five Gospel Parallels
- Global Mapping International
- Internet Christian Library
- Lectionary Texts
- Medieval Theology and Philosophy
- New Testament Gateway
- Ravi Zacharias Online Resources
- Research in Ministry
- The Thomist
- Virtual Religion Index
- Wesley Center Online